How to setup Plex addon on Kodi 17 Krypton? It’s no longer Plex vs Kodi, but rather Plex AND Kodi. The official Plex addon is now available for free on Kodi. That means you can combine the world’s two best multimedia ports together. Fans of either platform have also wondered how Kodi and Plex would work together. Plex did add an official addon to Kodi but that you needed to pay in order to use it. Not anymore. Read the guide below for more info on how to install Plex on Kodi 17.4 Krypton for PC, Mac, Android, Amazon Fire TV Stick, or OSMC.
Best VPN 2019
How to Install Plex on Kodi 17.4 Krypton
Best VPN for Kodi
30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
How to Install Official Plex Addon on Kodi 17.4 Krypton
The Plex addon can be found in the official Kodi repository. Here’s how you can set it all up.
- Launch your Kodi app and head to ‘Addons’.
- Click on Video Addons and then select the Package Installer Icon in the top left corner.
- From there, click on ‘Install from Repository’ -> Kodi Add-on Repository -> Video Add-ons.
- Click on Plex -> Install.
- Wait until you see the Plex Addon Enabled notification.
- Now go back to the Kodi homescreen and select the Addons’ tab from the left hand column.
- Click on Video Addons.
- All the video addons you install, including Plex, will appear here.
Alternatively, you could download the official Plex add-on from here, and then set it up by clicking on ‘Install from Zip File’ instead of ‘Install from repository’.
How to Setup Plex on Kodi
The first time you launch Plex on Kodi, you will be asked to sign in. If you haven’t created a Plex account yet, you can sign up for one here. Once done, follow the steps below:
- On your PC’s browser, visit https://plex.tv/link and enter the code the addon has provided you with.
- You will get a confirmation that your account has been linked.
- Head back to the Kodi app.
- You can now access your Plex server from within your Kodi app.
What Does the Official Plex Addon Offer?
The features below are available on the Plex Kodi addon with no need for Plex Pass subscription.
- Any Format: Support for all file types (well, virtually all), including hi-fi music and video formats.
- Available Anywhere: Stream all of your media to all your devices, anytime, anywhere, with the same beautiful experience on all of them.
- Library Organization: Organize all of your media-videos, photos, and music-and make it beautiful with artwork and info like plot summaries, bios, and more.
- Privacy and Security: Enjoy your media while away from home, knowing your connection is securely encrypted.
- Sharing: Effortlessly share libraries among friends to all discover and enjoy even more content together.
- Recommendations and Discovery: Enjoy beautifully organized libraries that help you find and re-discover great gems in your collection.
Best VPN for Kodi 17.4 Krypton in 2017
Illegal or pirated live streams on Kodi have been getting lots of bad publicity in the last couple of months. Copyright trolls in the UK, USA, Canada, and Australia have been cracking down on such streams. It is always advised to encrypt your traffic and hide your IP address whenever you go online. By using a virtual private network, you can browse the web anonymously. All you have to do is download and install a VPN app and then connect to a VPN server. Once done, your IP address is hidden and you get to take advantage of the following features.
- Unblock Geo-restricted Kodi Add-ons: There are a lot of Kodi addons that you can only use in certain regions. With VPN you can bypass regional restrictions.
- Bypass ISP Throttling: Ever noticed that your Internet speed is decent if you are browsing websites but suddenly drops when you are watching videos online? If that is the case, your ISP is probably throttling your Internet speed. Using VPN basically allows you to avoid that from happening.
- Ultimate Privacy: Add an extra layer of privacy and security to all your online activities.
- VPN Applications: You don’t have to be a tech-freak to setup a VPN connection thanks to user-friendly VPN apps on PC, Mac, Android, iOS, and FireStick.
From personal experience, ExpressVPN is the best VPN service you can use with Kodi. They have optimized their VPN apps to work better with Kodi add-ons and have a no-logs policy. Check out our reviewed list of the best Kodi VPNs in 2018 below.
Last Updated Yesterday