EPIX is an American video-on-demand streaming service that allows subscribers to watch movies as well as TV shows online on their Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Xbox, PS4, Apple TV among other devices. Unfortunately for US expats living in Canada, UK, or Australia, EPIX is only available in the United States and its territories. In order to bypass geographic restrictions and watch your favorite channels while travelling abroad, you have to use one of two workarounds: VPN or Smart DNS proxies.
Best VPN 2019
How to Watch EPIX outside USA with VPN
Top Recommended VPN
30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
How to Watch EPIX outside USA using VPN
Whenever you try to stream any movie or TV show on Epix overseas, the video won’t play. Instead, you’ll get an error such as ‘Video file cannot be found.’ That’s because both the EXPIX website and app are geo-restricted. Luckily, it’s possible to trick geoblocked channels into thinking you’re currently located in a region where they are available. There are two ways to do so. The first, and most popular, is VPN. VPN means virtual private network. It’s a tool mainly designed to encrypt your Internet traffic and provide you with extra privacy online. You can also use VPN to bypass regional blocks.
- First of all, you have to sign up with a VPN provider that has VPN servers in the USA.
- Once that is done, download and install the VPN application on your PC, Mac, Android, or iOS device.
- Next, launch the VPN app and connect to an American VPN server.
- Your real IP address is now hidden and you can browse the web as if your were in the United States.
In terms of best VPN services you can use to spoof your online location and encrypt all of your Internet traffic, ExpressVPN is right there at the top. They even have a 30-day refund policy. Here are our favorite VPN service providers as of 2017.
Last Updated Today
How to Unblock EPIX in Canada or UK with Smart DNS
Smart DNS proxy service are another tool you can turn to in order to watch your favorite streaming services while abroad. You do not get a new IP address when you configure Smart DNS on your device. Additionally, only those URLs which reveal your location to the streaming channel you are watching are re-routed. Setting up Smart DNS on your streaming device involves configuring its network settings. If that seems to much of a fuss to you, use VPN instead Smart DNS.
- You can either configure Smart DNS on your router or directly on your streaming device.
- Enabling Smart DNS mainly involves changing your device’s primary and secondary DNS server addresses.
- Although you will gain access to regionally blocked content, Smart DNS does not hide, alter, or change your IP address.
- Smart DNS is compatible with Xbox, Smart TV, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, iOS, Android, PC, Chromecast, and Mac.
You can use Unlocator to unblock over 220 geo-restricted channels from around the world. Their videos, screenshots, and DNS setup guides are easy to follow as well. You can sign up for a free 7-day trial without the need for a credit card.
EPIX Compatible Streaming Devices
You can install the EPIX app on the following platforms:
- Apple TV
- Amazon Fire Tablets
- Amazon Fire TV
- PlayStation 4
- Android TVs
- Xbox One
How to Watch EPIX Anywhere in the World – Wrap Up
While EPIX isn’t as popular as similar streaming services such as Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Prime Video, it still has a lot to offer. Some of the videos available cannot be found anywhere else. There are some episodes and movies that you can watch for free, but the vast majority of content requires you to sign in using an American cable subscription.